All in all, the application of AI is benefitting businesses and customers in many ways. In fact, this innovative and advanced form of technology is now all set to influence the car manufacturing industry.
Artificial Intelligence technology is already doing justice to its application in many industries. In other words, It is mainly because its facets like ML (Machine Learning) and DL (Deep Learning) ensure several benefits for businesses as well as their customers. For example:
- Significant improvement in the sales rate
- Helps businesses develop an efficient equipment prevention and maintenance plan
- Helps build positive experiences to increase customer satisfaction and retention rate
- Customers’ interaction with brands, services, and their products improves
The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Car Manufacturing Industry
The car manufacturing industry is now about to witness an extremely dynamic transformation. Consequently, this large-scale change is ready to transform the future of this whole industry in many ways. Their customer base will grow. They will get new leads. It is mainly because existing features in cars will get technologically advanced. More importantly, the incorporation of new features that will be technologically advanced will play a key role in this process. For example:
- Features for suggesting less busy routes
- Smartphone connectivity for hassle-free communication and also to play music
- Smart locking system for safety
- Powerful GPS connectivity
- Speed adjustment according to traffic in streets or busy roads
- Self-driving feature
- Smart sensors capable of identifying patterns that ensure safe driving and reduce emissions
- Features/sensors that identify weather and find locations
- Sensors capable of identifying an issue in cars and take the right decision without human intervention
- Incorporation of powerful and advanced cameras. In addition, ultrasonic waves, virtual/augmented reality, radars and data collection features will also change the way people drive
This list isn’t limited to the features mentioned above. Incorporation of AI technology and relevant advancements will add to this list significantly in future.
What part of AI technology is making future cars smart?
This is one of the million-dollar questions! Let’s take a look at them below:
- Advanced level of machine learning concepts
- Advanced level of deep learning concepts
- Installation of IoT (Internet of Things) devices and features
- Development and incorporation of cognitive abilities
- Development and incorporation of an infotainment system
Moving on, companies like Apple INC., Google, General Motors, Bosch, and Tesla are working on the development of such smart cars.
Coming to the point, a lot of car manufacturers are nowadays seeking this technological revolution from relevant developers to make their cars smart for the future.
But which are the companies developing/providing this technology to make future cars smart for an improved driving experience like never before? This another million-dollar question needs to be answered.
Let’s know them one by one.
Top Five Tech Automobiles Related Companies
Founded in 2013 and headquartered from Greater Boston Area, East Coast New England, United States, NuTomony is an active Series – A round. The Company worth $19.6 million. It is a group of 200 or more professional futuristic technology solution developers led by the following:
- Emilio Frazzoli (CTO and Chief Scientist)
- Doug Parker (COO)
- Gretchen Effgen (VP of Partnerships)
- Karl Lagnemma (President)
- Jake Cheuvront (VP of Software)
NuTomony is a popular name for the development of state-of-the-art Artificial intelligence -based software solutions for smart cars. Moreover, the company has partnered with plenty of automotive industry leaders and startups to make driverless cars for the future.
Following are the specialities of software solutions dedicated to automated driving:
- They are full-stack software solutions
The company has multiple branches. Namely, one of them is in Singapore whereas the rest of the two are in Boston and Santa Monica, United States.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered from Cambridge, United Kingdom.
It is currently in the early stage and worth $37.7 million. The government of the UK backs this company through heavy financial investment. Since its inception, the company has been actively working on the development of AI-based solutions to ensure the following:
- Smart cities where people can travel without any hassles
- Intelligent and intuitive transport options for people
- Solutions to make sure future cars emit less no2 and other environmental pollutants
- Solutions to ensure safe and worry-free driving according to the level of traffic on roads and streets
- Intelligent solutions to ensure access to more mediums of transportation for people
- The development of Artificial Intelligence based smart solutions dedicated to improving the lifestyle of car drivers
FiveAI has been doing all this under the proven leadership of Stand Boland (CEO), Ben Peters (VP Product), John Redford (VP Perception and Chief Architect) and many more.
Waymo came into existence as a Google Self-driving car project in 2009. Headquartered from Mountain View, California, United States, Waymo is now also known as the following:
- A self-driving technology company
- An early-rider program
Their objective to manufacture AI-based intelligent and driverless cars. As a result, it will be dedicated to ensuring smart and safe driving experience. John Krafcik (CEO) and many more are tackling safety measures.
This Dublin-based Irish company is considered one of the best automotive technology solution providers in the world. Apart from Dublin Ireland, Aptiv also has branches in the following parts of the world:
- Wuppertal (Germany)
- Ciudad Juarez (Mexico)
- Krakow (Poland)
- Agoura Hills (United States)
- Boston (United States)
- Mountain View (United States)
- Pittsburgh (United States)
In addition, to developing and making smart mobility work intelligently, Aptiv has also added some feather to its cap. For example:
- Launched the first coast-to-coast automated drive in April 2015
- Acquired Control-Tec in the month of November 2015
- Acquired Nutonomy, a US-based group of futuristic automotive technology developers, in October 2017
- Singapore land transport authority selected Aptiv to implement cloud-based mobility-on-demand transport concept in 2016
- Aptiv PLC for the transformation of mobility in future in December 2017
- Successfully launched a fleet of 30 automated cars on Lyft network in May 2018
Cruise was founded in 2013. Along with headquarters in San Francisco. This company is also known as Cruise Automation. Along with that, the company has now been acquired by General Motors. Importantly, It is one of the leading luxury car manufacturers in the world. Cruise is an active self-driving car company. Namely, it has a huge network of up to 500 professionals dedicated to the development of autopilot systems for existing users. The company has offices in the following parts of the United States:
- San Francisco, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- New York, NY
- Pasadena, CA
- Warren, MI
The company is dedicated to achieving the following goals under the leadership of Kyle Vogt (Co-Founder & CEO), Daniel Kan (COO) and many more:
- The development of the world’s largest and an intelligent fleet of self-driven (driverless) cars using Artificial intelligence technology
- Developing and ensuring never like before the transformation of the transportation industry
All in all, AI is now all set to transform the transportation industry as it has never been. How successful will this transformation be? It will be very interesting to see.
You can read about our Top 5 AI companies here